Carrying insurance for your business is all part of owning and operating a company. The coverage you purchase protects you, your business, your employees, and your customers in the event of an unforeseen accident. On average, there is one dump truck-related fatality a week in the United States. In the dump truck business, you need special coverage to properly protect both drivers and customers.
Specialized Charlotte dump truck insurance policies are available for standard dump trucks, gravel trucks, transfer dump trucks, super dump trucks, six or ten wheelers, and just about any heavy-duty truck with a bed that tilts back to dump material out.
WHAT DETERMINES YOUR DUMP TRUCK INSURANCE PREMIUM
Every company is unique and one policy or premium doesn’t fit all. As with any insurance coverage, there are several factors that are used to determine your total cost:
- The truck itself – type and size
- The material being hauled – hazardous materials will increase your premium
- The location you’re hauling the materials to
- The driving records of your drivers
- Any personal items carried in the cab of the truck
- The amount of time you’ve been in business and operating this specific type of truck
Be honest and forthcoming with this information when you speak with an insurance agent or fill out your paperwork. Getting caught later could result in much higher premiums or a cancelled policy – neither of which is good for business.
CHARLOTTE DUMP TRUCK INSURANCE COVERAGE
Any basic dump truck insurance policy will include liability and physical damage coverage. You have the option to include different add-on policies to better protect you and your business.
- Non-trucking insurancecovers independent owner/operators who do contract work. Coverage is provided during off-work hours.
- Motor truck damage insurancecovers valuable cargo.
- Collision insurancecovers your repairs if your truck collides with an object or another vehicle.
- Fire and theft insurancecovers you for damage to your truck as a result of fire or theft.
- Environmental insuranceprotects you in case of some pollution-related accidents. It covers losses, fines, costs of restoration, and clean-up, if needed.
- Off-season comprehensive only insuranceprotects your vehicle when not in use in the off-season.
- Rental reimbursement with downtimepays for a rental dump truck when yours is unavailable for use due to damage or theft.
- Sand and gravel haulers insuranceadds protection if you haul aggregate.
Drivers will need a proof of financial responsibility, otherwise known as a financial responsibility filing, with them while they’re driving your trucks. This filing shows proof of having dump truck insurance in the event of an accident.
Protect your business, your drivers, your customers, and yourself and make sure you have the right Charlotte dump truck insurance. You know just how much damage a big truck can do. Don’t let one accident ruin you or your business. We can help you find the coverage that fits your business. Contact us today and let’s find the right dump truck policy for your company.