Commercial Lines Account Manager
Charlotte Insurance is an all-inclusive, client-focused insurance brokerage firm with three convenient locations within the Greater Charlotte Area in North Carolina. Since 1992, the team here at Charlotte Insurance has been dedicated to changing the insurance industry for the better. Our keen attention to detail and unwavering commitment to quality service has enabled us to build strong, close-knit relationships with our customers and our overall community.
We pride ourselves on being one of the largest independent insurance agencies in NC and one of the Best Places to Work for more than 3 years. We have access to carriers like Auto-Owners, Liberty Mutual and Travelers. Our team at Charlotte Insurance takes the time to effectively evaluate your unique insurance needs so that your biggest assets are protected at the utmost competitive rates. Additionally, our comprehensive insurance strategies encompass a wide range of risk exposures—resulting in the peace of mind that comes from knowing what matters most to you is protected.
Commercial Account Manager Job Duties and Requirements
Assists in the production of new accounts and the retention of existing accounts. Provides prompt, efficient, high-quality service to designated accounts in support of Producer activities.
Must be an assertive self-starter with the ability to influence others while working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment. Should have demonstrated effective presentation skills through both verbal and written communications. Must be willing to travel as required.
Must have all licenses as required by the State Department of Insurance to discuss and/or sell insurance in states where the agency functions. Ability to use personal computer, calculator, agency automation system, and proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Excel.
Encouraged by management to obtain industry designations, such as Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Accredited Advisor in Insurance (AAI), Commercial Lines Coverage Specialist (CLCS), Etc.
Specific Position Functions
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with customers, as well as develops relationships with key company personnel and underwriters, to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Reviews renewals to determine if non-standard policies can be rewritten in a standard program. Secures and submits required renewal underwriting information.
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Completes changes/requests in a timely manner. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Receives and reviews all terminations and cancellations to determine action to be taken, and takes needed action within 72 hours of receipt.
- Actively solicits increases in limits and/or coverages or rounding out accounts through sales to clients at every service contact.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system. Expectation is five referrals per week.
- Documents all material conversations with insureds and/or carriers regarding exposures and coverages.
- Performs other functions as assigned by management.
- Conducts periodic service calls for designated accounts.
- This job description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing the job.
- Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the agency’s essential functions.
- This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to unilateral change and revision by management.
- Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description.
- All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.
Interested individuals should contact Sean Hertel, Agency Principal, at 704-945-2302 or firstname.lastname@example.org