Picked up the food and snacks? Check. Decorated your place? Check. Picked up the alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages? Check. Updated your South Carolina insurance policies? …Oops!
If you will be partying away on New Year’s Eve, it is crucial to make sure you are 100% prepared. This includes going over a few safety precautions and updating both your home and auto insurance policies. As your reliable South Carolina insurance agency, we have a few reminders right here for you:
For those hosting a party this year:
- Make room and space for friends to sleep over if need be.
- Clean up your home for your guests and child-proof the rooms if there will be children attending.
- Call your local cab agency to find out about rates.
- Collect keys at the front door.
- Be sure to serve plenty of food to your drinking guests.
- Stop serving alcohol at least an hour before midnight.
- Make sure your home insurance policy is ready to tackle the worst case scenario, whether that is an injury on your property or unexpected damage costs.
For those who will be attending parties this year:
- If you will be drinking on Saturday, make sure you find a designated driver!
- If you cannot find a designated driver, call for a cab or take the city bus.
- Stay alert and aware of your surroundings while out and about. It’s a good idea to always have a buddy with you.
- Stay alert while driving on the roads. Even those who have not been drinking may end up in an accident; there are plenty of drunk drivers on the road.
- Make sure your auto insurance is up to par and ready for any unexpected issues. You should have coverage for: collision, medical, comprehensive and liability.
All the safety tips in the world may not stop the unexpected from happening, which is why we are here to help! Our South Carolina insurance agency hopes that you do not have to face an accident or issue on such a fun night. However, if you do, we will have your back.
Stay safe and enjoy the New Year!