As a business owner, you are responsible for what happens at your place of business during the day and after hours. Just because you are not around does not mean your business will not be facing risks! Some of the greater risks usually happen after hours, meaning break-ins and burglaries. Our South Carolina insurance agency has a few tips that may help keep a target off of your place of business.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
• Exterior and interior lighting are crucial! A well-lit place of business is more likely to keep vandals away than a business that is completely left in the dark.
• Always lock up all windows and doors before heading out for the night. Deadbolts should be used where needed.
• Make sure you have a reliable alarm system set up. Whether it is a silent alarm or blaring one, it should notify the police once it has been set off.
• Make sure your commercial property insurance is ready for the worst case scenario, whether that is a loss of inventory or damages from a break-in.
• Have security cameras set up at all major entrance-ways. Cameras can serve as a second pair of eyes when you are not around.
While these tips may help prevent business burglary and crime, that does not mean you are 100% safe. It is best to have the proper South Carolina insurance in place. Besides protecting your building and property, business insurance can also protect your employees, liability, commercial vehicles and much more. Be sure to grab a free business insurance quote from us at Charlotte Insurance today!