Increasing numbers of businesses today are dependent on technology and as a result may be vulnerable to cybercrime. Have you considered the effect that a computer virus or scam could have on your business? As well as making sure you have coverage for cyber damage on your business insurance NC, you can implement a few precautions to help increase computer security.
Help reduce your risk of becoming a victim of cybercrime by:
- Not allowing anyone unauthorized to have access to your computer or network
- Changing your password regularly and making sure it is something that is not obvious
- Installing antivirus software and keeping it regularly updated
- Before you throw away old or unwanted computer equipment, always making sure you have erased the hard drive so nobody can retrieve your data after it has left your hands
- Advising staff on cyber security and making sure everyone is aware of your company policies and takes the risks seriously.
By taking these simple steps to help safeguard your computers and networks, you could save your business a lot of money and yourself a lot of stress. Check your coverage for cyber-attacks on your business insurance NC and speak to an agent if you are unsure whether or not you have enough protection.