Have you decided to bring a furry friend into your home? The joy of a new puppy is overwhelming! However, before you pick up the little guy and take him into your home, it is crucial to prepare. There is a lot to be done prior to their arrival! Luckily, our North Carolina insurance agency has a few tips to offer, from purchasing puppy necessities to animal liability coverage.
- Make sure you hide any cords in your home that a puppy can sink its teeth into.
- Make sure your floor is cleaned and all small, choke-able items are picked up. The same goes for your yard!
- Ask around in order to find a reliable veterinarian.
- Make sure you buy a crate in order to crate train your puppy.
- Designate an area outdoors for your puppy to do their business.
- Puppies accessories are a must! Toys, bones, collars, leash, food and water bowls, etc.
- Make sure your home insurance policy is updated. You may need an animal liability insurance policy for the rambunctious puppy years.
- If need be, purchase a few baby gates to keep your puppy out of risky rooms.
- Create a comfy bed for your pup inside their crate.
Now that you are properly prepared, it’s time to go pick up the little guy (or little girl!) Our North Carolina insurance agency hopes that you enjoy the newest addition to your family- and remember, we would love to help you protect them and your home! Choosing animal liability will be able to cover any damages caused by your pet, liability and dog bites. It is much better to be safe than sorry, especially during the puppy stages!