Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and if your mother is still a part of your life, this is the time of year to treasure your bond even more. We should all show our mothers appreciation all year long, and now is a great time to start.
Not sure what to do for the moms in your life this year? Here are 15 ways to show you care.
- Write her a note, a poem, or a simple “thank you” in a card. Give it to her so she can keep it forever.
- Donate to your mom’s favorite charity or a cause that’s important to her.
- Take care of her yard. Do it for the weekend or for an entire month. Mow the lawn, weed her flowerbeds, and put down mulch.
- Wash her car. Don’t forget to vacuum out the inside and wax it once it’s clean. Let the kids know to watch their crumbs the next time they get in for a ride.
- Get together for a meal, especially if the family has scattered over the years. Make sure it’s a meal she doesn’t have to plan, cook, or clean up later.
- Hang out with her. Go for a bike ride, take a walk, enjoy a hike, or go shopping. Simply spend time with your mom for the day.
- Go on an adventure. Maybe you take that road trip you’ve been talking about, or you do something adventurous like skydiving or riding roller coasters at an amusement park.
- Spend the day watching her favorite movies or binge-watching her favorite Netflix series. You provide the snacks and clean up later, too.
- Tell your mom you love her. Tell all the moms in your life that you love them, too.
- Thank the moms in your life for their hard work and for the job they do every day.
- Call your mom in the middle of the day or week — and not just at your normally scheduled time.
- Fix things in her home or replace something that can’t be fixed to make life easier for her, especially if you know she won’t get it done herself.
- Take your mom to lunch or dinner at her favorite restaurant. Encourage her to get dessert or the glass of wine she usually skips.
- Let her know she was right for whatever you argued about as a teenager.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms!