A fire can ravage a business and they happen more often than one might think. Getting the right business insurance in NC can prevent the losses your business could experience if a fire were to occur.
Here are a few tips to prevent a fire from happening at your business:
- Keep Space Heaters and Candles at Home– If you make a policy to keep space heaters at home, you will prevent a potential fire hazard, especially when left unattended.
- Watch your Paper Products – Make sure you keep your paper products and shredded paper stored away from heat sources.
- Avoid Having Cables Under Carpets – The cables could fray and spark a fire, so make sure you don’t run cables under carpets.
- Have a Strict No Smoking Policy – Have a strict policy that penalizes people who get caught smoking so they don’t attempt to sneak a cigarette.
- Have Fire Extinguishers – Make sure your fire extinguishers are all properly working. You may even want to have a few extra just in case.
- Smoke Detectors – Every single office should have several smoke detectors in it and making sure to replace the batteries once every sixth months.
According to the National Fire Prevention Association, there were more than 98,000 fires in non-residential buildings last year. Many of these were offices and small businesses. Having the right insurance policy, which covers fires, is necessary. Plan ahead and get your business insurance in NC today.